好吧，你已经决定要当学徒了. 你已经掌握了所有的信息，知道自己想要进入哪个行业. Now you’ve actually got to find, apply for, and secure your perfect apprenticeship.
你是否通过我们的 目前的职位空缺 或者通过其他方式, the application process for an apprenticeship is very similar to that of a job application.
Before you begin filling out any application, there is some vital information you will need at hand. 你必须填写你所有的个人资料, 包括任何工作经历, 过去的地址, 居住和刑事定罪. 这是确保你合法工作的必要条件. You will also need to include your qualifications, including GCSE’s and A-Levels (if you have them). 如果你已经有了简历或之前的工作申请, this will come in handy as you won’t need to dig out any old certificates or play 21 questions with your parents, 你可以重复使用这些信息.
你也可能会被问及工作经验的细节. This is your opportunity to showcase your dedication and enthusiasm for your chosen industry. Don’t forget that things like doing extra projects in College count as work experience, whether you’ve volunteered to help out with some filming in the media department, 或在活动中协助. Make sure to relate your work experience back to the job description and role requirements.
你还需要在“关于你”部分填写一些表格, which could consist of three-four questions along the lines of “What are your main strengths?、“你能给我们公司带来什么品质??”, and could be required to write a general personal statement to support your application. This is your chance to show that you’re the right person for the job because you know what they want, and you have the skills they’re looking for – and you know that because you cared enough to do your research on their website! 一定要把你所有的技能都写进去, 如何将它们应用到角色中, 不要忘记你的个人品质, e.G承诺、热情、有创造力. You could print out the job description and highlight/circle the buzzwords/key phrases to make sure you are consistent in referring back to the ad.
朱莉·杰弗瑞, MK学院学徒项目经理, 建议:“你必须找别人来阅读你的申请, 不管你有多确定. A new pair of eyes could make a huge difference, even when it comes to small, silly mistakes. 如果你不知道该写些什么, you could ask a teacher or a classmate the question and see what they have to say about you.”
If you want to set yourself apart, you could write your answers in a more advanced manner. 不要说"我有很好的沟通能力", you could write “giving a presentation to a class of 30 students and receiving fantastic feedback shows the confidence I have in talking to large groups of people”. Don’t forget that the people deciding who to give an interview to might be reading through hundreds of applications – so make yours stand out!
- 确保你知道自己申请的是什么. 即使你申请了几个不同的职位, 花时间深入阅读职位描述.
- 调查一下为这个职位做广告的公司. 你能到那个地方吗? 他们是否有良好的就业记录? 如果你不确定能不能退房 评论网站 对雇主来说，提前了解一下在那里工作的情况. You could also do some research into who would be reading your application – sometimes a personal message is better than ‘dear sir/madam’.
- 语法、拼写和标点符号可以决定你的申请成败. 把你的申请读一遍, 两次, and then again – and then get someone else to check it so make sure you’ve made no errors. You will use basic English skills in all lines of work so it’s imperative you get off on the right foot.
- 要专业——这是不言而喻的，但是 请 不要用表情符号——不管多么诱人. 你可能觉得这样看起来很有趣，或者会让你从其他求职者中脱颖而出, but it just comes across as unprofessional and will set you aside for all the wrong reasons.
- Refer back to the job description and role requirements throughout your application, 表现出你对这个职位的理解，以及你能为公司带来什么.
- 确保你用来申请的电子邮件地址是专业的. Yourname@gmail.Com比catwoman95@msn更有可能获得面试机会.com是!
- 检查你的电子邮件，包括垃圾邮件和垃圾文件夹. 一些公司倾向于使用“招聘@”或“活动@”来回复求职者, 这意味着它们有时会从你的收件箱中被过滤掉.
- Be aware that some employers may check up on you via social media before making a decision – so make sure that you would be comfortable with a professional looking at your profile!